This is the Annual Hawaiian Scottish Festival & Highland Games held early in April to celebrate the heritage and history of the Scots in Hawaii. Hosted by the Hawaiian Scottish Association, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, the festival will go from 10 am to 9 pm on Saturday, April 7 and 10 am to 6 pm on Sunday, April 8, 2018. Festival Admission is just $3.00 and children under 12 are free.
These events are made possible in part by donations from Fujioka's Market, Southern Wine & Spirits, Young’s Market Company, Paradise Beverage, The Caledonian Society of Hawai'i, Celtic Pipes & Drums of Hawai'i, St. Andrews Society of Hawai'i, and the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society – Hawai'i Branch.
The Festival features:
- Headliners Switchback!
- Highland games and athletics, men's and women's competition prizes (learn about the history of the athletic events)
- Highland Dance competition
- The 2nd Annual Aggie Wallace Memorial Solo Piping Competition
- Celtic Days in Hawaii Art Contest winners submissions
- Entertainment including piping, music, song and dance
- A gathering of Clans from around Hawaii, as well as from the mainland, to display information pertinent to themselves, and invite other members of the clan to join them
- Demonstrations of swordplay, weaving, and fencing
- Vendors featuring Scottish wear, Celtic clothing, jewelry, musical instruments, housewares, etc.
- Food Vendors offering traditional Scottish fare and more. (yes, even canned haggis!)
This year the festival is again being held at beautiful McCoy Pavilion at Ala Moana Beach Park, Honolulu.
For more festival information please visit http://hawaiianscottishassociation.org/For media please contact Sara Muir 206-698-6812, firstname.lastname@example.org. For points of contact, to sponsor or request art contest info please contact or Brandi Kiana-Jo 808-393-5527, email@example.com.
The Hawaiian Scottish Association, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, is a gathering place for Hawaii locals and visitors with Scottish heritage or enthusiasm. We host various events through the year, visit http://hawaiianscottishassociation.org/
Visit our other Celtic organizations:
St. Andrew's Society of Hawai'i https://standrewsocietyhawaii.org
The Caledonian Society of Hawai'i http://www.scotsinhawaii.org/
Royal Scottish Country Dance Society – Hawai'i Branch http://rscdshawaii.org
Celtic Pipes & Drums of Hawai'i http://www.celticpipeshawaii.org
Friends of St. Patrick https://www.friendsofstpatrickhawaii.com